WSIC Visa is dedicated to meeting the needs of every client. To answer some of the questions that you might have about our services, we have provided the following list of answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.

Visit Visa:

What is a Temporary Resident Visa?

People who want to visit Canada, which includes tourists, workers, and students, may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to enter Canada.

Citizens of some countries are visa-exempt meaning they do need a visa, find out if you need a visa

I need a temporary resident visa to visit Canada. I want to study or work in Canada while I am there. Do I need to apply for anything else?

If you want to come to Canada to study or work temporarily, you will probably need a study permit or a work permit. Apply for study and work permits at the Canadian visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country to which you have been legally admitted. If you have applied for a study or work permit, you do not need to apply separately for a temporary resident visa. If approved and required, you will be issued a temporary resident visa along with your work or study permit.

I got a multiple-entry temporary resident visa to visit a relative in Canada last year. Can I use it to travel to Canada on a business trip?

Yes, as long as it has not expired. Make sure you have documents that support your business visit to Canada.

Must I leave Canada by the valid until date on my temporary resident visa?

No. The date on the temporary resident visa is the date by which you must arrive in Canada. The border services officer at the port of entry will decide how long you can stay in Canada. The officer will use one of three ways to note how long you can stay.

  • The officer may stamp your passport and write a date under that stamp. If so, you must leave Canada by that date.
  • The officer may stamp your passport without writing a date under that stamp. Instead, the officer may give you a visitor record. If so, you must leave Canada by the date shown under “Valid until” on that visitor record.
  • The officer may simply stamp your passport without writing a date under that stamp or giving you a visitor record. If so, you can stay in Canada for six months.

Business Visa:

What is a business visitor?

A business visitor is someone who comes to Canada to engage in international business activities without directly entering the Canadian labour market. For example, someone who comes to Canada to meet people from companies doing business with his or her country would be a business visitor. Visitors may come to Canada to observe site visits. Alternatively, a Canadian company may have invited them to Canada for training in product use, sales or other functions related to a business transaction. Business visitors must prove that their main source of income and their main place of business are outside Canada.

Does a business visitor need a special visa to enter Canada?

No, there is no separate application for business visitors. The temporary resident visa covers all visitors, including those in Canada on business. See Countries and territories whose citizens require visas in order to enter Canada as visitors to find out whether you must apply for one.

If I am a business visitor, do I need a work permit to work in Canada?

You do not need a work permit to carry out business activities related to your job back home, such as meeting clients of your company or visiting job sites. However, if you plan to carry out secretarial, managerial, technical or production activities or stay longer than six months in Canada, you have to apply for a work permit. In both cases, if you are from a country that requires a visa to visit Canada, you must apply for a temporary resident visa.

I am a business visitor and I do not need a visa. What documents should I bring, if any?

You must show to the border services officer several documents when you arrive in Canada. These documents include, but are not limited to:

  • a passport or travel document that is valid for your entire stay and guarantees re-entry to your country of origin
  • a letter of support from your parent company and a letter of invitation from the Canadian host company
  • other documents such as warranty or service agreements, contracts, etc. if relevant to the visit
  • 24-hour contact details of your business host in Canada and
  • proof that you have enough money for both your stay in Canada and your return home.

Student Visa:

Do I need a Study Permit if I plan to study in Canada?

if it take your studies more than six months to end in Canada, then you don’t require a study permit. If it exceeds six months then you require a Study Permit, in addition to a Temporary Resident Visa, if you are not from a visa-exempt country.

Parents Sponsorship:

How does the parent and grandparent super visa differ from a visitor visa?

At present, 6 months is the allotted time for those who first visit Canada. Visitors must apply for an extension if they wish to stay longer, and pay a new fee. With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status. The Super Visa is a multiple-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on each entry into Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.

Is the parent and grandparent super visa a multiple-entry visa?

Yes, multiple entries for up to 10 years are allowed on the super-visa. Therefore, It is a multiple-entry visa.

What’s the difference between the parent and grandparent super visa and the 10-year multiple entry visa?

The main difference is that the super visa allows multiple entry periods lasting up to 2 years. Those travelling on a 10-year multiple-entry visa can only stay for up to six months per entry. A single-entry super visa is also available, if the applicant would prefer one.

Can I cancel my sponsorship application and apply for a super visa instead?

Yes, you can withdraw your sponsorship application at any time. You can still apply for a super visa.

I need to calculate family size when applying for the parent and grandparent super visa. Whom should I include?

When applying for a parent and grandparent super visa, include the following people when calculating family size:

  • the inviting child or grandchild;
  • the spouse of the inviting child or grandchild;
  • the dependants of the inviting child or grandchild;
  • any other person whom the inviting child or grandchild is currently sponsoring or co-signing for; and
  • the parents or grandparents of the inviting child or grandchild who are seeking a parent and grandparent super visa.

Here are some examples.

  • The inviting child or grandchild in Canada is not married and has no children. He or she has invited one parent to visit Canada for a two-year stay. The family size is two.
  • The inviting family in Canada is a family of four (the inviting child or grandchild, the spouse and two dependent children). They plan to host two visiting parents. The family size is six.
  • The inviting family in Canada is a family of three (inviting child or grandchild, the spouse and one dependent child). The inviting child or grandchild previously co-signed the sponsorship of the spouse’s parents (two persons). That sponsorship is still in effect. Now, the inviting child or grandchild has invited both of his or her parents for a long-term visit on a parent and grandparent super visa. The family size is seven.

Miscellaneous Questions:

Is the visa assessment really free?

Yes. WSIC Visa does not charge a fee for the visa assessment. You can take the free assessment by clicking on any of the Free Visa Assessment links located on our webpages.


Assessment Form

What information do I need to provide for the free visa assessment?

The visa assessment is quick and easy. You will be lead through a series of questions that will help our professional consultants best understand your needs before they contact you. Please note that you will not be asked for any sensitive or financial information in the free assessment. Some of the information you will be asked for includes the following:

  •  Your country of interest
  •  Your visa of interest
  •  Your nationality
  •  Your basic contact information

Our straight-forward forms are easy to complete and allow us to quickly evaluate your needs. After you complete the free visa assessment form, one of our consultants will contact you personally to discuss the best options for making your application process a success.

How much does WSIC Visa charge for services?

Because every country requires different fees for individual visas and processes, WSIC Visa provides individualized services for every client. To be more specific, the fees that we charge are directly related to the price of the visa or services required by your destination country. This allows WSIC Visa to provide you with competitive rates for professional service that is tailored to your specific needs.

What other services does WSIC Visa provide?

In addition to visa assistance, WSIC Visa provides a comprehensive range of services including the following:

  • International Employment Services
  • Study Abroad Services
  • International Relocation Services

If there is a service that a client needs to assist with their move abroad, WSIC Visa can help. Learn more by taking our free visa assessment and working directly with one of our consultants.

Still have questions?

To find out more about how WSIC Visa can help you, take our FREE Visa Assessment. You will be contacted by one of our professional consultants who will work with you to put your plans into action.


Online Appointment

Leave a Reply