Study Permits for Foreign Nationals



Choose to study in Canada, and you’ll have the opportunity to encounter vastly different cultural and natural experiences – from the ski slopes of British Columbia to the prairie province of Manitoba, with cities such as Toronto, Montréal, Vancouver and Quebec famously friendly, tolerant and multicultural.

More than 90,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to Canada to learn English or French. Foreign students bring a rich culture to our classrooms. Your knowledge and skills are welcome in our schools. Study Permits are for Foreign Nationals who wish to study at an educational institution in Canada. Dependents—either a spouse or children, of those who are temporarily residing within Canada on a Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit are required to obtain a Study Permit in order to study in Canada. These dependents will receive a Study Permit which has the same validity as the holder of the Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit.

Leave a Reply