IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM
A diverse, prosperous and perfectly located place to call home. It’s a great place to start a business; The UK is very proud of being “a nation of shopkeepers” and private enterprise is actively encouraged. The culture of the UK is diversity friendly in most places and there is a general sense of individuality being a good thing.
Being granted residency or citizenship status in the UK grant you access to a world of exclusive benefits which includes:
- Medical care services are consider one of the best in the world;
- World-renowned high standard of education, a broad network of state and private schools;
- Large cultural and ethnic communities provides a diverse and multicultural society;
- A key member of the EU, which means greater business opportunities throughout Europe;
- A member of the G8;
- An attractive tax regime for high net worth investors classed as “UK resident, non-domicile”;
- The travel mobility and security of a UK passport;
Some benefits of UK Investor Immigration Program:
- No personal interview
- No English language requirement to obtain visa
- No medical examination
- No prior business experience needed
- Government interview is often waived
- Very fast processing time usually 1-6 weeks
The UK immigration Investor Program is a three-tiered system enabling people who invest at a higher level to be granted residency sooner. These are the investment requirements to qualify for the program, out of those you will need to meet at least one:
Applicant must invest no less than 70% of the specified investment amount of their capital in the UK by way of UK government bonds, share or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies.
The remaining 25% should be invested in the UK either by purchasing assets or maintaining the money deposited in a UK-regulated financial institution.
As shown in the table below, the higher the investment, the faster the applicant will obtain their stay for settlement (ILR).
|Full Investment||£1 million|
|Stay For Settlement (ILR)||5 years|
|Full Investment||£5 million|
|Stay For Settlement (ILR)||3 years|
|Full Investment||£10 million|
|Stay For Settlement (ILR)||2 years|
Other qualification criteria
- Be able to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without taking employment (outside of self-employment or business).
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Make the UK your main home by spending at least 50% of your time there i.e.., 6 out of 12 months (180 days).
- Must maintain the said investment amount throughout without decline in asset value.
- No prior criminal record.
The investment must be made within 3 months, after entering UK. The investor is allowed to bring with family and children less than 18 years of age.
If you have lived in the UK for five or more years, you are eligible to apply for UK citizenship as long as you meet the following residency requirements:
- You have been absent from the country for no more than 90 days (three months) in the 12 months preceding the application. The total number of days spent outside of the UK for the entire five-year qualifying period should not exceed 450 days (i.e. 3 months of every year, or 75% of your time);
- You are of good moral character and are not in breach of any immigration laws;
- You can demonstrate a good knowledge of UK life and culture, and a basic level of English or Welsh or Scottish Gaelic languages.